We hope you might be interested in joining the Committee which runs your PMF, to help us support and promote Production and Technical Management. These roles are voluntary positions and will only require a small amount of time per month.
All the committee members play a part in the general running and development of the PMF, but each of us also has a specific role or area of responsibility. We mostly operate on-line using Slack as a communication tool and Zoom for monthly meetings.
We are looking always for members of the Production and Technical Management profession to work with us. If this sounds like something for you, please contact us on [email protected]
Student and Young Member Associates
Student and Young Members Associates (SYMs) are members of the PMF committee. They represent and promote the interests of student and young PMF members in everything that the PMF does, and also take on specific Assistant Roles.
Each of these roles will assist a full committee member in the running of a certain aspect of our work from Administration to Social Media to Membership. While undertaking a role you will have the opportunity to learn useful transferable skills.
In addition to an assistant role, SYMs try and meet once a quarter to discuss any ideas or issues that we think would be relevant to the membership.
We are currently recruiting for a Membership Assistant, Jobs Vacancies Assistants and a Website Assistant.
The Membership Assistant would:
- use our various IT systems to monitor new signups
- update existing members details
- produce membership statistics
- help develop a new welcome system.
This role would:
- expand your IT knowledge
- give you an understanding of how membership systems work
- you would gain a good knowledge of individual PMF members and their role in the industry.
The Job Opportunities page is the most visited part of our website. The Job Opportunities Assistants:
- Monitor emails from various organisations for job opportunities
- Monitor jobs which are posted via the PMF website and Google Forms
- Post jobs on the PMF Job Opportunities page
- Post on our social media channels
- Check for job opportunities on other social media channels
What you would get out of this assistant role
- An up to date knowledge of current job vacancies
- Enhancing your knowledge of theatres and other venues
- Expanding your IT knowledge and use
- An opportunity to help PMF members find new roles and promotions
If you think you might be interested in becoming a SYM, please contact us on [email protected]